Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Pages

November 4, 2011

so very restless

How the world can get me down sometimes! It gets to the point where I want to do nothing....absolutely nothing.

 You know the feeling? It's when everything in your life is absolutely crazy, confusing, and convuluted. When you wish you could just be alone. When you don't know what God is telling you to do. When unpleasant things from your past keep recurring in your mind. When you can't stop comparing yourself to other girls. When you feel like crying yourself to sleep. When you can't get your thoughts down on paper clearly. When you wonder if you'll ever amount to more than just a teenage girl who dreams silly dreams. When that one guy is absolutely wonderful, yet just beyond reach. When even a Relient K song doesn't make you feel any better. When nothing describes how you feel except Elizabeth Bennet pining over her own misfortunes. When nothing makes makes you feel normal again, except for this Psalm:

"But now, Lord, what do I look for? My hope is in You."
Psalm 39:7

yep.....that's how I feel now. Not the best feeling in the world....but I suppose it shall soon pass.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I always feel like this. It's so horrible. I always get into these stages when I'll listen to those little lies that Satan always tells me. Keep your head up, tell Satan you don't believe those stupid lies he tells you, and smile, make everyone think you are not down and depressed. Make them think that you are living the good life. :)

katie josephine d said...

OMG! this describes EXACTLY how i feel sometimes! only jane austen describes what i think (:
<3

Amanda said...

Sounds like a tough time. Keep hoping in the Lord, he will strengthen, keep, and guide.

emii said...

oh oh oh oh oh you just described me and this day.

that beautiful feeling that washes over a person when they realize they're not alone.

i don't know how your day went exactly, but i found this verse and it just kinda spoke to me, like, really loudly.

1 Peter 3:8-12, The Message.

"Summing up: Be agreeable, be sympathetic, be loving, be compassionate, be humble. That goes for all of you, no exceptions. No retaliation. No sharp-tongued sarcasm. Instead, bless—that's your job, to bless. You'll be a blessing and also get a blessing.

Whoever wants to embrace life
and see the day fill up with good,
Here's what you do:
Say nothing evil or hurtful;
Snub evil and cultivate good;
run after peace for all you're worth.
God looks on all this with approval,
listening and responding well to what he's asked;
But he turns his back
on those who do evil things."

After today, I realized. I've got to bless people. Cuz people use words and they bring us down. so i'm going to bless people.

Sky Destrian said...

Oh dear Lily. This is going to be a short comment, because I think you need a hug. ;)

So here it is.

{{{{{HUG!}}}}}

Praying for you. :)

-Kylie

Anonymous said...

I know that life isn't easy, and is very painful, but I love praying constantly, and listening to good uplifting Christian music. Just keep your head up high and your spirits up and remember exactly what you have above your comment box: "Jesus loves you, and so do I." Remember that you are loved, and I love you as a sister, who has the same Father as me, although I don't know you well. Hope this helps, and I'll try to pray for you:)