1. No time for breaths these days, or thinking of blog posts, or writing letters, or sleeping. I'm working three days a week now at our local Starbucks, in addition to classes on Tuesdays/Wednesdays, plus soccer and fitness three nights. And on those rare occasions when I do get to take a moment to myself, all I feel like doing is watching Downton Abbey and sleeping for days and days and days and.....well, you get the picture.
 |
| I have the sweetest soul sister in the entire world.....she celebrates over me getting a job! |
2. Most television shows are created for pleasure and distract you from unhappy parts of your life. Then, there are the shows {usually filmed in Great Britian} that crush your spirit and cause more emotions than your own personal life. It's kind of insane, sort of annoying, and now a fact of life for me.
 |
| they all look so stately and Downton-ey ;) |
3. To know someone's heart seems to fit yours like a puzzle piece is quite breathtaking, albeit a bit scary. But oh, knowing that wonderful person and knowing they think you're wonderful is rather, well, wonderful.
4. Along with those British shows that break you in to a million pieces, there is the occasional book written by a brilliant American author who does the exact same thing. For me, this was The Fault in Our Stars by John Green. Oh my word, what a book. I finished it in one night, and sobbed my way through the last three or so chapters, which doesn't usually happen to me.
I was annoyed with the unnecessary cussing, and the occasional rude phrase, so if you are extremely sensitive to those sort of things, I wouldn't suggest this book for you.
 |
| *cue sobs* |
5. Growing up is becoming bittersweet for me. Having my license and more freedom is crazy cool, but at times I feel like my childhood was an entirely different and almost-forgotten life. I wonder how it will feel to be thirty-five and look back, or sixty-two? I'm only seventeen, yet I feel as if I've lived a long, long while. I sound like an old codger now.....oh joy.
 |
| dear Tigger, you are adorable |
6. Days that stink are a part of life, I get it. When they are occurring, I pray that God will hurry up and just make the day end, but when I look back on them, I see how perfect He had made that particular day. Even Tuesdays that are long and tiresome and include three major breakdowns have highlights, however small.
7. Travel catalogues at the doctor's and pictures from our Colorado trip are causing my heart to ache for a new adventure. People are on airplanes, walking cobblesone streets, and eating exotic food- - -oh, I can't wait for that to be me someday.
always,
-Lily
5 comments:
you have a job, why congratulations! starbucks, i suppose that is like gloria jeans over here, what a wondeful job. you are so very busy, i'm glad everything is going so well. :)
It was lovely reading your post. :) And you're only 17.
I'm very rarely on Blogger anymore, but when I stop in and see a post from you on my dashboard, I always get so excited :) Loved getting this update on your life...#3 made me grin. Cause I get that ;) Loved this post, and still love you!
~Lauren :)
Loved this.
<3
Ugghhh, I am in agreement with you about British tv shows! So much... Such well thought-out words; meaningful and delightful:)
Post a Comment