1. oh, I really love Christmas. This past one could be the best yet. Having a job and getting paid means I get to buy my loved ones legit gifts, instead of just making do with baked goods and cards {which are still lovely}. Christmas is truly the best time of the year, as the world celebrates Jesus' birth.
 |
| I love Christmas trees, with a passion |
2. This blog is like home, in that while I grow and change, it remains the same. I remember a time when my life revolved around all your lives, you dear fellow bloggers. It's been about two years since I stepped out of the blogging sphere, but you all are still here. You're still loving God, writing beautiful words, and taking swoon-worthy pictures. Some of you have started college, some of you have traveled, some of you have gotten married and become pregnant.......but you all are still you. Slightly older, slightly wiser, but still your beautiful selves. Thanks for never changing at your cores.
 |
| the fantastic Anna hasn't changed much either ;) |
3. It's my last year as a homeschooler, as a highschool student, as a soccer player, and as a child living at home. I got accepted to Cedarville University, in Ohio, and Lord willing I'll be starting there in August. I'm kind of freaking out, for change is scary and stressful, even when it's exciting change like this. A part of me wishes I could have stayed sixteen, surrounded by friends and family, safe in my comfort zone. Alas.....it's time to grow up.
 |
| these co-op peeps won't ever grow up, though |
4. One of the best things about being a Christian with Christian friends is becoming friends with your friend's family {say that ten times fast}. My church is small and close-knit, and my friend's siblings are just as precious to me as my own. Example: my brothers and I dropped off some items at our pastor's house, and ended up staying the afternoon to watch Children of the Corn with my friends and their siblings. We all stretched out on couches and screamed our heads off, and hung out like a bunch of siblings. I dunno, it's a perk of being loved by an awesome God.
 |
| I slapped Lydia numerous times during that movie {her idea} |
5. I've always said summer evenings are my favorite type of evenings, but I learned last month that warm December evenings are pretty swell too. Especially when you're babysitting and the boys are playing with their friends, giving you the chance to quietly praise God for His majesty.
 |
| cotton candy-esqu |
6. Owen turned thirteen a few weeks ago, making all three of us teenagers. It's strange to think of my brothers growing up and becoming real people, instead of the baby boys they've always been to me. They're two of my best friends, honestly, and I wouldn't trade them for anyone.
 |
| 11 years makes a huge difference |
7. On October 14th, I turned eighteen. That evening, I went on my first date with Robert. We saw Captain Philips, went to Olive Garden, and talked about someday. It was pretty much the best night of my life, until we wen to his Chick-fil-a work party and got dressed up and took fun pictures and hung out with friends as a couple. Guys, he's my boyfriend now, and while I'm still getting used to calling him by that title, I'm so used to him being in my life. God has blessed me with a man like my own father: faithful, hilarious, handsome, and someone I trust with my life.
 |
| I dunno, I think we're kind of cute |
8. The past year has taught me a lot, and especially what type of friends you should hang onto. This includes friends who make spaghetti at 2 am, terrorize mall mannequins, teach you to like coffee, fight off hoards of stink bugs, and love you unconditionally. These three girls and I have overcome a lot to come to this point. We're all going separate ways next fall, but Hannah, Lydia, and Emily will always be my poncho pals, my support group, my ranters, and my sisters in Christ.
 |
| they're pretty much amazing |
The past three months have been three of the best I've ever lived in. I can only hope that 2014 is going to be so fantastic.
No comments:
Post a Comment