Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Pages

July 15, 2011

a little update on life

1. I'm still not tired of summer yet!!! Usually, a few days after Independence Day, I'm ready for autumn to be here. But, somehow, this has been a rather magical summer for me, thanks to camp, friends, and books......and I'm not ready for it to be over yet.
I'm rather envious of her hat/bracelets/dress.
  2. Speaking of camp.....ahhh, there are so many things I could say!! The speakers, the campus, the food, the friends......it was the best week of my life, period! And {dare I say it?} even better than last year. *gasps* And, while I did a whole week's worth of posts on camp last year, I'm not going to now. That week was something special, that I can't exactly put into words. God showed me quite a bit that week, for which I am eternally grateful.

Thank you, Lord!!!
3. Music has been a big part of my life lately. Taylor Swift, Relient K, and Tenth Avenue North are dominating my playlists. I'm so thankful to God that He gave us musicians and their lyrics! I know I'm not the only girl who draws inspiration, encouragement, and {this is cheesy} love from songs.

Music speaks to my heart.....
 4. Soccer is going pretty well right now. I'm still adjusting to my new team, but it's nice to have a chance to make new friends!!! Plus.......the US women's soccer team is in the World Cup final!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ahhhh, so incredibly exciting!!!! Let's go, ladies!!!

you go girl. :D
5. I don't think I told you guys......but I got my driving permit!!!!!!!!! I finally passed a few weeks ago, and have been hitting the road ever since. ;) It drives my brothers crazy, and my parents are kinda stressed, but personally I think I'm a fabulous driver. *wink wink* Driving is scary, but exhilarating....like most things in life, I guess. I can't wait to get my license!!!

I wish that were me. ;)
6. A lot of people I know have been traveling. Canada, France, Italy.....England. *sighs wistfully* I don't begrudge them their wonderful trips...but I do wish I could be with them!! I feel like, somehow, I belong in Europe. Weird, right? I mean, I'm an American girl, through and through---this beautiful country will always have my heart and my loyalty. And yet, something about Europe still calls me. Hopefully, someday, I'll fulfill that calling.
a fitting description of me.
 7. I'm trying to teach myself how to play guitar. It's......interesting, to say the least. I had no idea it would be so hard! 'Course, I also don't really have a how-to-play-guitar book yet, so that could be part of the problem. :D If any of you lovely girls know how to play-----leave a tip in a comment!! I could really use it. =D

not to be a nit-pick....but that nail polish does NOT go with her outfit.
8. There is something I'd like to admit: the week before I left for camp, I was actually considering stopping this whole blogging thing. I was feeling uninspired, and kind of down. I've never considered myself a really 'popular' blogger, and I felt like I couldn't give my followers the sort of stuff they would want to read.
But after camp, I felt rather rejuvenated! So, I'm still here----and I don't ever plan on leaving. :) 
....thank you for being there <3


9. I usually try to stay away from this issue on my blog.......but guys are just killing me!!! Can I get an 'amen' on that, ladies?!? There are so many great guys out there, but how in the world am I supposed to see past them to My Guy; the man God has reserved for me? *shakes head* I wish I were a Disney princess, who knows exactly who her Prince is and knows that, in the end, they'll be together. Right now, I'm stuck not knowing who I'm supposed to be with and if we'll ever be together. 

thought this was pretty cool....
Okay, I think that's it. Hope this post didn't bore y'all too much.....I have a big one coming soon, so -radio voice- stay tuned!!!

love you girls,
~Lily

9 comments:

hope said...

Haha, Kinsey stresses out over my driving, and I drive more carefully than our parents!

I know what you mean about the guys! It's so frustrating. :/ But Mr. Right will come along soon enough. :)

I'm glad you didn't give up on blogging. :) I know I went through that phase where I wasn't into blogging and all but after a while I started missing it, and now it seems like everyone's not into while I'm getting back into it. :/

Anonymous said...

I see you're trying to teach yourself guitar, I self-taught myself to play guitar last summer. =) It was really interesting, as soon as I started learning I was automatically hooked. Here is a great site to learn songs from, you can even scroll over the notes and it will tell you what strings to use, I am pasting an easy song from Taylor Swift, it's from her latest CD, but it does involve a capo, I think you can get a capo from Wal*Mart for about $12. If you have any other questions about playing guitar, feel free to message me at {fearlessdreamer.1992@yahoo.com}, or you can add me on Facebook, my full name is Alli Thomas.

Kels said...

I'm so glad you had a great time at camp. I know how refreshing it is to be around others believers. But I'm glad your back!

So, your teaching yourself how to play guitar? That's awesome!! I taught myself 2 years ago, and love to play and sing. I want to encourage you though. It IS hard at first, your fingers will feel like they're gonna fall off! But stick with it, everything will become easier the more you do it. Find a song you want to learn, then look up the chords for it (911 Tabs is a great source), and practice until it sounds just like the person your mimicking. That's what I do. :)

And guys..... will be guys. lol. Be patient, you'll know when it's him, that's what my Mom always tells me. For now, dwell in the love of Jesus, and stay busy in ministry. I'll be praying for you (and will you pray for me?)!

Love and hugs my friend! xxxx~Kelsey

none said...

Congrats on the driving permit!
Good to see you blogging without plans to stop. I enjoy reading your posts. :)

Monica said...

Oh girl this post i just lovelovelove!!! Amen! (to #9). and i love the pictures!!

Lauren said...

Your number 9: story of my current life!!! I'm seriously always thinking, "I just wish I knew who I'm supposed to be with!" You are not alone, girl!!
Oh, I'd love to go to Europe...in fact, now that I've been on a plane (my trip to the Dominican was my first plane trip), I've got the plane itch, and would go just about anywhere! ;) I've always desperately wanted to go to Ireland though...:)
And I've always wanted to learn to play the guitar sooo badly! I don't think I have the self-discipline to teach myself though, haha.
Also, it's funny that you say that usually by now, you're ready for autumn, because that's exactly how I am! Except that I AM ready for autumn, haha. In fact, I'd been planning on posting on it!
Anyways, I had fun reading your post; You never fail to bring some joy to my day! Love ya girl!
~Lauren :)

Chelsea said...

Ha ha...I thought that post that you just did was a big one! :)

Anyways, awesome post, girl! Oh, I know what you mean. I'd love to be able to go to Europe someday, but for now i'll just have to wait...

Btw, I LOVE that quote!!! Do you know who said it?

Alyson Schroll said...

USA lost the world cup ::::::::::::::::((((((((((((((( I watched the whole game and I am so bummed. They so should have won that game. They dominated most of the game. The PKs were so pathetic.

Mikelle Jade said...

sounds like you have been having a great summer ♥ I am glad you are enjoying and having such neat experiences, hope you enjoy the rest of what's left!