Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Pages

January 25, 2012

because I love ponchos....and my pals

Some girls have loads of friends, from every aspect of their lives. They always have someone to talk to or hang out with, and they get tons of 'likes' on their Facebook statuses.

I used to envy these girls, with their epic social lives. I was dissatisfied with the friends God had given me, even though they were fabulous in their own ways.
*cue wake up call from Heaven*
This a post on three of the truest friends I've ever had; friends who've shown that no matter what, they'll be there for me. Friends I probably don't know I don't deserve, yet God has given me anyway.

My poncho pals
Otherwise known as Boo, Yeti, and Wazzy. Their real names are Hannah, Lydia and Emily; those are just their code names{long story, don't remember how it started}. Hannah and Lydia joined our church about eight months ago, when their daddy became our pastor. Even in that short amount of time, it feels like they've always been a part of my life. And, of course, Emily's my bestest best friend. We all mesh perfectly {we're four peas in a pod} and they are some of the most amazing people I've ever met. Hannah is absolutely hilarious, Lydia's wittiness has no comparison, and Emily is one of the sweetest {yet sarcastic} girls I know. We've had many a sleepover filled with movies, ridiculous videos, and way too much soda. These three girls have kept me sane by doing insane things, from making hot kool-aid {I don't recommend it} to performing this song at our co-op.
We have so many inside jokes, it's not right. We even came up with names for certain boys in our lives *evil chuckle* Needless to say---I'd be a pretty boring person if not for my poncho pals.

And now, in honor of my poncho pals....here is a video of me dancing. In a poncho. That Lydia and Hannah's little sis, Naomi, made. We each got one, but we all have different prints. In case you can't see, mine has smiling cupcakes *giggles*



Sorry it's so small, and that I'm a horrible dancer. God obviously gave me skills that do not include dancing. *chuckles*
love always,
~Lily

2 comments:

Kels said...

Friends are a grand thing to have, especially good ones. :)
Your video is so cute! And love your bedroom. :)

big hugs, xxxx~Kelsey

anna :) said...

hahaha. me and you both! i can't dance AT ALL. NONE. ZIPPO! just another reason i love you so much, my dear soul sis :)

and heh :] you and your poncho pals are pretty rad! that video ya'll made me? classic.

♥♥
we've got a call date today :D