Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Pages

January 5, 2012

'cause when a heart breaks, no it don't break even

These lyrics are so, so true. This past year brought me a lot of heartbreak. People I had once trusted turning on me. Old friends forgetting about me. People I cared about changing, 'till I didn't even know who they were. The fancies of 'first love' fading away.

And as every hit came, I thought to myself, "Surely, this will be the last one. Surely my heart cannot take any more pain!"
But of course, it all kept coming. Little things, big things, things that hardly even matter---they all hurt.

With God's neverending love and grace, I got through the hardest times. With special Bible verses, He calmed my soul. By giving me true friends, He healed the cracks in my heart. And by playings the right songs at the right times, my Father soothed the pain I'd been holding inside. He showed me true love, of all kinds, that will never leave me.

For the king trusts in the Lord; through the unfailing love of the Most High, he will not be shaken.
--Psalm 21:7
And for a while, I was okay. I began to move on from my past and live in the present. But by various means, the moments of heartbreak started coming back. A picture from last year, an old blog post, and a chance meeting kept on reminding me of the hurt I'd been through. So, being the stupid human I am, I let the wounds that were finally healing began to reopen.
Yet even while I was torturing myself with old pains, Jesus opened His arms and engulfed me. I realized things that hurt me hurt Him too--- and that's just not cool. Jesus already endured the pain of the cross to save me; I shouldn't give Him more oppurtunities to hurt. Dwelling on past things is sinful, and I really need to stop.
I decided this not too long ago, so I'm still struggling to forget what I've been through. I'm still trying to get past my hurt feelings and mentally forgive what former friends did to me. God still has to remind me that my heart has been made new by His healing, and that it will be made perfect once again.
It's a learning process....but with soul-sisters, poncho pals, and amazing song lyrics, I'm getting there. (:

love always,
~Lily

4 comments:

Chelsea said...

woww....i soo feel ya on this one!! as the relient k song says, "i'd rather forget and not slow down." i've definitely been dealing with past hurts--stuff i can't even explain. and although it's tough, after awhile, you just realize you can't do it on your own and just give it over to Jesus <3 cuz He's the only one who makes life worth living. praying for ya, girl!

~Chelsea<3

Alana said...

This is kinda a wake up call for me. Thank you, for showing me I'm doing the same thing. I'm praying for you

Love always,
Alana <3

anna :) said...

why are you looking for love? why are you still searching, as if I'm not enough?

i found out that when i kept looking back, that i wasn't fully trusting Jesus to mend my broken heart. i still struggle with it even now, worrying that others may accidentally drop it or purposefully smash it into pieces all over again. but, like you said, He'll make it perfect. we just need to stop glancing over our shoulder and live for today, not tomorrow.

we can do this, lil. we'll go together. and you know what that means.. we'll go far.

♥♥

Kyla Makay said...

I love those lyrics! And the ones from "By Your Side" that Anna posted...
You will make it through this...
Just you wait and see- you are never broken and not rebuilt stronger!
♥Ky
www.thebirdssay.blogspot.com