1. Mulan is truly one of my favorite Disney movies. One of the reasons is this scene below. I can just see my own grandmother saying this if I brought an attractive war hero home {and to be honest, I might ask it too}. Of course, it's ten times better watching it with your closest friends :)
2. I really am an optimist. Yes I have my gloomy moments, but you can ask my family and friends---I'm known as Susie Sunshine, for I always look on the bright side *laughs* So when I saw this picture, I about died with laughter. I feel like printing hundreds of copies and taping them to mirrors in every public restroom I enter. People might start looking at things like I do.....or they may just ignore it. Who knows?
3. Fred and George Weasley = two of my favorite movie characters. They've sweet in the books too, but the movies bring them to life. The only time I cried in the whole saga was when Fred died. *sniffles* Aiden has this quote on a t-shirt that Hannah made for him. It's a brilliant quote, don't you agree?
4. I've always admired people who go 'outside the box' when it comes to their clothes, accessories, etc. I have the occasional eye-popping outfit, but for the most part I don't like attention being called to me. Which isn't good, for as Christians we're supposed to stand out in this world. Like in this post!! Still working on that whole thing....but this imagery should help.
5. In case anyone was wondering, my college visit went smashingly. I was nervous at first, but then sitting in on different lectures became fun. I visited Messiah College, so I already know the campus and that their soccer team is amazing. But seeing how interesting their History and English departments are was encouraging! And talking to former students was pretty sweet as well. I'm thankful I didn't do/say anything stupid....or introduce myself as a panda :)
6. I've been reading quite a few books lately! A Tale of Two Cities, Return of the King, Son of Neptune, and Through My Eyes have been dominating my book table. I long for summer days when I didn't feel guilty reading something for pleasure rather than school. And yes, ATTC is for school. I've learned that drinking tea while reading Charles Dickens helps me concentrate on his sometimes long passages.
7. Dreams are such funny things! I've had many in my sixteen years on earth. Ones that have faded with age; ones that have intensified; ones I didn't even know existed up until a few months ago. God has such a crazy-cool way of revealing the very inner desires of our hearts to us! Usually for me, it's late at night when everyone else is asleep, and I'm in bed, talking to Him. The dreams just sort of appear. I know most of them won't come true on earth....but maybe in Heaven I'll get to have tea in some English cafe *wink wink*
remember to smile.....it's good for you :) :) :)




3 comments:
okay. i LOVE the mulan quote...i still laugh at that part...even after ten+ years of first watching it. :D
Cool post :).
Also, I tagged you on my blog :)
Love always,
Alana
mulan? the best.
optimistic? that would be me. i mean, we're soul sisters. durrrr.
that bookshelf? too awesome.
love yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa :]
Post a Comment