I received a comment recently, about me being a strong Christian. I felt like laughing and crying; laughing, because I'm really not strong; crying, because something made that person believe I am strong.
Confession: I'm not strong. I'm poor, bitter, tired and very, very weak. I disgust myself with the way I treat others and what my thoughts are about. I buckle under pressure, and I give in to things, even when I know I shouldn't. I am weak.
To the world, weakness is a horrible thing. We are taught to hold back our tears, hide our pain, and not let anyone in. We put on masks that say, "Everything's roses and sun beams, and I'm the strongest person in the world!"
But behind every smile, even the most sincere, there's a weak person. It's human nature---God created us to need Him. And when one tries to find strength in other things, one slowly loses any chance of being strong.
There are days when the Holy Spirit fills me, and I feel strong for a while. But if I get too full of myself, God gently reminds me how weak I am....and how I depend wholly on Him.
If I must boast, I will boast of the things that show my weakness /// 2 Corinthians 11:30
I feel weak when I think of my academic future.
I feel weak when I compare myself to other girls.
I feel weak when I think about my sinfulness.
I feel weak when I pay attention to world news.
I feel weak when I think about Satan.
I feel weak when change happens in my life.
I constantly feel weak. But now I boast in it, for He has made me strong through my weaknesses.
-L

5 comments:
wow. girrrlll, this is GOOD. so gorgeously written. lovelove.
x.
Amen! i can totally relate on this. everybody in my life seems to think i'm soo strong, but that smile i always seem to be wearing is only a wall to hide all my weaknesses behind. i make mistakes, i fail, i forget to spend time with God, i think too much of myself. but it is a great reassurance that with Jesus in our lives, His power will shine through our weaknesses.
btw, just thought u should know how much your blog is a blessing to me. i really look forward to reading your posts and i hope you never stop writing!
love ya,
Chelsea <3
This...gave me chills. So beautiful. So true.
The LORD has been teaching me SO much about this too, lately. It's been...amazing...
I wrote a post about it called 'Send Me a Hurricane'. Feel free to check it out.
Also, I'll be needing some guest posters in a couple weeks! I don't have your email address:( and was wondering if you could email ME and we can talk over details. Would you be willing to post on 'God's Daughter' for me?:)
::hugs::
This is beautiful I absolutely love it!!!
Great post!
- Dad
Post a Comment