Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Pages

December 29, 2010

Wait a minute....did you just say '11?!?

Oh. My. Word.

Today is December 29th, yes? Which means that New Year's Eve is Friday? Which means that.....nah, the first of 2011 could not be on Saturday.

Could it?

Hehe, I was just fooling with you guys. (: But seriously: where has this year gone? It seems like just yesterday I was watching the Winter Olympics with my family, cheering on the USA at the World Cup, laughing with friends at camp, and being sooooo scared to start French!

Now, here we are, at the end of another year. And this year has gone by faster than any other. I cannot really explain why. It could be because I'm getting older. Or maybe it has something to do with what a fun-filled year 2010 was!!!
But, mostly, I'm thinking it had something to do {for me, personally} with Mom-mom's passing. After she died {on New Year's Day} it kind of seemed like the days and weeks just flew by. I believe that was mostly me, trying to will myself as far from that day as I could. Perhaps it worked......or perhaps it didn't. After all, we're right back to New Year's! It's almost been a whole year since she went to be with Jesus. And I don't miss her any less.
But knowing that she is in Heaven, surrounded by people she loves, does lessen the pain and the tears. I will always miss her, but I know she is waiting for my entrance in to Zion.

When I look back on 2010, I don't just see us losing Mom-mom.
 I see the Vancouver Winter Olympics, where American athletes made me feel proud to be an American.
I see myself starting this blog, never expecting to meet so many wonderful and uplifting friends.
I see myself at World Views camp, scared stiff to go witnessing. I can still recall sitting beside the 'bonfire' and singing hymns.
I see the World Cup, where the U.S. men's team worked so hard to make it to the Round of 16. I see Spain {eventually} winning that Cup, and feeling a bit sad that it was all over.
I see myself at Messiah soccer camp, making new friends and renewing bonds with old ones. Despite the heat {and rain} it was a week to remember.
I see myself walking in to my co-op, scared to death about starting French 1. I can see myself sitting in Physical Science, missing some of my old friends from last year,  not realizing that in a few short weeks I would be great friends with some new kids.
I see my 15th birthday, and how wonderful it was. I see Thanksgiving, our first without Mom-mom. Then came Christmas, a joyous occasion. I see all the presents opened, and my family laughing and talking about old times.

And here I am, writing this blog post, making my own history. Here's to 2011.....may it be a wonderful year, for everyone.




~Lily

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lily,

Yeah I know. Where has this year gone?

I was reading back at your posts and noticed you lost a family member at the beginning of this year. Well, I did too. My great-aunt. I was really close to her but now I am happy that she can be happy in heaven.

Have a wonderful day Lily,
Kelsey

Kels said...

I know! It is amazing how fast this year has gone by. I can't say it has been the best year of my life, but it certainly has been life changing!

My family and I watched the winter Olympics too! The ice skating was totally awesome. And I loved it when the Usa won and Russia didn't, the look on that guy's face was priceless! :)

Thanks for your input on my blog, but what/where exactly is the 30 day challenge?
Have a great day!!! Are you feeling better?
~Kelsey

Unknown said...

Hey Lily! Love ya so much! Loved this post.. has me thinking just how blessed we are and how near Jesus is during suffering. You are truly a blessing and I am so thankful that I got to meet you this year!!! Looking forward to seeing what God's going to do in 2011.

hope said...

Happy New Year, Lily!! :)

emii said...

It has been such a fast year -- but a really great one. Memories, laughter and smiles. My best yet. ♥
I love your picture of Edmund! I personally think he's totally handsome.
Was Mom-mom your grandma?

anna :) said...

time just flies by - and bam! soon enough it'll be gone. it's crazy to think we're already on the brink of a new year. gosh, before i know it, i'll be graduating and heading off to college. but i do thank God for another year. without Him, i know it wouldn't have been worth remembering :)

blessings lil! :)
anna :)

Marissa said...

great post Lily! 2010 has gone by very fast for me and yet it hasn't! I look back and see all the wonderful things that have happened and seen my growth and I am amazed by what God has done :)

Happy New Years!

with love,
Samarah