Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Pages

January 29, 2011

I bleed Black & Gold

*I apologize in advance to Samarah and any other Packers fans. Love you anyway!*

Before I begin, I should probably justify my reasons for liking the Steelers:

1. My grandparents grew up near Pittsburgh, and my grandma is probably the biggest Steelers fan I know. So I'm a Steelers fan by birth.
2. There is so much tradition in the Steelers organization! We're one of the oldest in the league.
3. We have the best fans in the world. No matter where you go around America, you mostly likely will come across a Pittsburgh fan. Sorry Cowboys, I think we're America's team.


For some reason, lots of people really dislike the Steelers. I can kinda get this....I mean, we do have the most Super Bowl rings........so that probably ticks a few people off.

Look at those beauties......*sighs with pleasure*


Ben Rothlisberger, quarterback
 Big Ben should definitely be considered one of the top quarterbacks right now. The only reason some people don't consider him as one of the best right now is because he doesn't make very many statistics, and his style of play isn't that pretty. But I don't care----I think Ben is the perfect quarterback for Pittsburgh.


Heath Miller, tight end
Another tough guy, Heath is a great tight end as well as blocker. I love that he always holds tight to the ball and fights for every single yard. He seems to be a great teammate too.


Hines Ward, wide receiver
Ah.....I love Hines!!!! He is almost always smiling, whether we're losing or not. And after he scores a touchdown.....it gets uber big. Some people might classify him as a dirty player, but I disagree. He blocks well for his teammates, and that's it. Oh, and he can get a bit mouthy.....but what football player isn't?



Rashard Mendenhall, running back
Besides his really cool name, Rashard also has amazing running skills. He slips almost effortlessly through holes created by the offensive line, and he always fights to get just one more yard.


Troy Polomalu, safety
My personal favorite player, Troy is amazing. In this picture, he has just intercepted a pass....look at him go!!!!! *sighs dreamily* Commentators sometimes call him the Silent Asassin. Despite that kinda creepy name, Troy is such a nice guy. He always prays before each play, which I admire greatly. (:

So there's a lowdown on my NFL team. For you Packers fans----I definitely respect your team, but they're going to lose. Sorry.

I have to say, though: I'm super pumped for the Super Bowl! For one thing, there won't be any cheerleaders, since the Packers and Steelers are the only NFL teams who don't have cheerleaders. Which is fine with me. ;)
Also, I love Super Bowl commercials! Well, when they aren't too ill-humored. Hopefully this year's will be better than last Super Bowl!


Who are you for? Steelers or Packers? Or do you not care at all?

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Colts and Oakland Raiders are my teams!!! =D

Lauren said...

Hahahhaa I love it!!
I actually live near Pittsburgh myself, so that's where the source of my fan-ness comes from as well ;)
Steelers all the way!!! :D

~Lauren :)

hope said...

I like football but I am not watching the super bowl since the Giants nor the Colts are playing. Yes I am picky. :P

And yes, I did cry while watching Toy Story 3. ;)

-Hope

Ellyn said...

The Colts are my team. (My horse is named Indy, so ya know - I kind of have to root for them :))

But this Superbowl I'm all over the Steelers.

Marissa said...

oh you know me, GO PACKS!! ;) but just so you know, I have nothing against the Steelers. I like them and I would be cheering for them if they were playing against another team :) Troy is my favorite on the team too ;) his hair is so fun!
and yes my team might lose but I'll still love them ;) but we shall see next Sunday! :D

by the way, I love your new header! its so cute!

love ya!
Samarah

Angela said...

I have some disagreements here.

One, Packers all the way. (No matter if I'm a Saints fan or not.)

Two, I was all fine with the post until you said that Ben was GOOD?! A wha?!

Three, the Packers are winning. Period. Majorly. Aaron Rodgers is THE best quarter back. End of story.

Angela

Mia said...

Okay. So my team, which was amazing last year, really didn't too well this year. Mainly because of a prima dona quarterback who kept getting injured and wouldn't let any of the promising rookies start until very late in the season. But that's just my opinion.

Anyway, your question.

I am NOT cheering for the Packers.

You probably can tell who my team is by this point. ;)

Anonymous said...

Honestly I don't like the Steelers or the Packers.

I like the Colts and the Patriots!!!!


Kelsey!

Anonymous said...

I want to post a comment but i do not actually like football, so i guess i do not care at all? haha! LOL. I just wanted to say, Miss Lily! i LOVE your blog!♥

thanks for dropping by on mine. :)

C said...

Come join the Free giveaway to win the *New* Freedom CD. Take a stand against Slavery around the world!
http://footprintsinthesand23.blogspot.com/2011/01/january-endingsgiveaway.html

“Learn to do right; seek justice.
Defend the oppressed.
Take up the cause of the fatherless;
Plead the case of the widow.” [Isaiah 1:17]

Kels said...

The Steelers are pretty good, I can't wait to see the superbowl! I hope they win. :)

Marissa said...

oh yeah, no cheerleaders! all the more reason to like the Packers ;) {i forgot to add that to my comment ;) }