WARNING: THE FOLLOWING UNEDITED EXCERPT WAS WRITTEN BY AN EIGHT-YEAR OLD GIRL. NOT SUITABLE FOR VIEWERS WHO HAVE TROUBLE READING BAD GRAMMAR, SPELLING, OR JUST A DUMB PLOT.
YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!!!!
Let us begin:
If you look very hard in the ocean, past the coral reefs, past all the seaweed, you will see the kingdom of the sea people.
Now, in this wonderful kingdom, there is a king who rules all of the sea kingdom. He has four daughters and he loves them all very much. The girl's names are: Shelly, Pearl, Coral, and Kelp. Here is their story........
"I wish I could see a land child," said Kelp. "I don't," said Pearl. "I do," said Shelly.
Coral sighed and swam to her room to rest. When she woke up, it was time for dinner.
She put on her best earings and necklece, for some young mer-men were to be there. Then she called for her seahorse, and got some seaweed for her. The the seahorse (who's name was Sparkle) pulled up to the door, so Coral gave her the seaweed and hopped on.
Since Coral was eighteen, and very pretty, many mer-men liked to court her. She didn't court very much, although many of the mer-men were very handsome.
Her older sisters, Shelly and Pearl, liked to court. They wre always flirting with mer-men. The mer-men didn't pay very much attien to the, although Shelly, 24, had the blackest hair you ever saw, and Pearl, 21, had eyes so blue, you would the think the sky was reflecting off her eyes.
Kelp, on the other hand, had such long eye-lashes, that you would think she was 20, instead of 13.
Coral was much more beaitufl than her sisters. She had red hair and eyes so green, you'd thinks he had seaweed in her eyes.
Their mother had died six years ago and their father, King Triton, was trying to find a queen. That is why Coral was so dressed up.
"Whoa, Sparkle!" Coral said, for they were at the dining room. Coral hopped off, and went into the dinning room, where the guests were waiting. Since her father and sisters were not ready yet, she greeted them and told them her father would be out shortly.
"Oh, no hurry, dear," said the duchess. "We ate some canned seaweed on the way here, so I am not very hungry. But I am sure Alex, Dave, and Kate would like some food," she said, pointing to her son and servants.
"I also have a daughter about your age, Coral." the duchess said. "She will be along tomorrow."
"Oh, what is her name?" asked Coral.
"Jenna" said the duchess.
"She is really pretty," said Dave.
"He really likes her," said Kate.
But does she like him?" asked Coral.
"I don't know," said Kate. "But I think I've made a friend.
"Me too!" said Coral. "How old are you?
"I am 17."
"Why, I'm 18!" said Coral.
Just then King Triton came in, along with Shelly, Pearl, and Kelp.
"Oh, so gla dyou could come, Maria." said King Triton to the duchess. "Ah, and you too, Sir Alex. I see you have met my daughter, Coral."
Oh yes, and what a fine daughter is is. You have brought her up well, Triton. Oh, who are these sweet girls?"
"These are my other duaghterss: Shelly, Pearl, and Kelp. Girls, say hello to the Grand Duchess."
"Hi," was all they could say, for they were looking at Alex, and they thought he was the most handsome mer-man they had ever seen.
"Uh, hi," said Alex, looking uncertain.
Coral rolled her yes and whispered to Kate, "Looks like Dave isn't the only one gogle-eyes over someone."
Kate giggled. "Oh, I want to show something to you." said Kate.
She swam to her sea-horse, dug around in the bags (which were on the sea-horse) and pulled out a little shell. (In our world, it would be a box)
Coral swam over to her. "Well, what's in it?" asked Coral.
"I can't show it to you here," said Kate. "It's kinda a secret.
"Oh." said Coral. "We can go to my room."
They hopped on their sea-horses and went to Coral's room.
"Oh, it's so pretty!" said Kate, comenting on Coral's room.
"Thanks," said Coral, but what's in the shell?"
"Oh, its a family heirloom." said Kate. She opened the shell and, inside, lay a beautiful ruby.
"Oh my!" said Coral. That's really pretty!"
"Thanks, but please promise not to tell anyone, 'cause if word gets out, I'm in big trouble."
"What do you mean?" asked Coral.
"What I mean," said Kate, "is that its a magic ruby."
"You mean......"
"Yep, it's that magic ruby. Said Kate.
"Oh mer-man." said Coral. "Does the duchess know?"
"Uh, well, not excatley."
"What! You mean to tell me that you have a magic ruby in your hands, and the Duchess doesn't know! This is bizzar!" yelled Coral.
"Shush, otherwise she will know." whispered Kate.
"Does anyone else know?" asked Coral, in a lower voice.
"Yes, Jenna knows."
"Oh, this is perfect, just perfect." said Coral. "The daughter knows, but the Duchess doesn't."
"Well, I know that Jenna won't tell, but I can't be sure about my mistress." said Kate.
You all still here? Well, if you are, I thank you for making it through that rather embarrassing story. I can't believe I was writing about flirting at age eight! Goodness me.
Now, this is where the story in my old, ratty notebook ends. It continued on my family's old laptop, but the laptop brokedown and that story..................didn't make it. A shame, too, because that story deepened the plot. Whatever, you probably didn't want to read that, my precious eight followers. It's bad enough I'm baring my very soul (well, from age eight, anyway) in front of you.
Comment if you like, and email me if you dare. See ya!

No comments:
Post a Comment