When I was nine, I took a writing class at our library. One of the assignments was to write a limerick. Who knew that six years later, I'd still be writing these crazy poems????
Anyway, here is my untitled limerick:
There once was a boy who had a great toy.
He loves his toy, but he gave it to Roy.
Roy is his best friend.
They loved to pretend.
The toy gives them joy, they love it, oh boy.
Okay, so maybe it wasn't that bad. But I do think I've improved a lot since then.
Now here is a limerick from this past school year.
My composition class was assigned a patriotic poetry project. It turned out to be a lot of fun, writing all these poems. One, however, was just a little sillier than the rest.
"Betsy Ross"
The woman who was Betsy Ross,
Sewed to and fro with her floss.
She made the first flag,
With a jig and a jag,
And totally wowed Mr. Ross.
Funny, right? My composition class seemed to like it, though, so I thought I might as well share it with the blogging world.
Have a great day!


No comments:
Post a Comment