This post comes from a place deep with in my soul......
Almost exactly a year ago, I really liked this boy. And I thought, perhaps, he might like me. *slaps self* Yeah, I know, I shouldn't have been dwelling on this one guy. But I was just a child then. *sad smirk*
Anyway, this guy turned out to be a real idiot, and I was super hurt. I thought that maybe he didn't like me because there were other girls prettier and skinnier than me. *sighs*
Soon after I realized this, I wrote this journal post (some parts have been edited to protect the innocent):
Sometimes, I wish I was dumb and blond and skinny, so boys would like me. But then, I would think they liked me just because I was blond or skinny or flirted with them.
I want a guy to like me because he likes the way I laugh, or something we have in common, or because I'm a good soccer player, or because I like kids.
I want a guy to respect me like I'm a lady; to respect me because I care about politics and stuff like that.
I want a guy to like me for me. I know that sounds cliche, but it's true! I want him to like me because I like soccer, like to read, love Disney moves, love to travel, I love to laugh, and I love animals.
So, until I find this guy, I just need God to help me be patient and be modest. Sometimes it's just so hard to be different than other girls. But I know God will help me, and show me the right guy at the right time.
After this rant, I felt soooo much better {funny how writing does that to you!}. God opened my eyes that night and helped me realize something: I am beautiful. You are beautiful. We're all beautiful, 'cause God made us that way. He made us in His own image. It doesn't matter what some random guy thinks of us: we're God's princesses; His beautiful, drop-dead-gorgeous daughters. Even if we have bad hair days, or get a huge zit on our nose, or maybe aren't the skinniest girl in the room, God still loves us. We need to remember that, my sisters. We need to remember that God already has the right guy picked out, waiting just for us. For each one of us. And that guy will love us almost as much as our Heavenly Father does.
![]() |
| ~Lyrics courtesy of Mercy Me~ |
Keep waiting, my dear sisters and friends.
Your beautiful-in-God's-eyes-blogger,
~Lily


15 comments:
Just a fun fact: I wrote this post PRETTY late one night. :D
~Lily
This is so beautifully written, Lily! ♥♥
I want my future husband to first see me when my eyes are like all puffy or my hair is all tangled and matted from running around outside and I'm wearing a big ol' sweatshirt or something. :) Then I'll know he really loves me for me.
And - oh dear. I had something really cool to say and I forgot it. Snap. :)
Beautiful post, Lily! I'm glad you know you're beautiful too.
Dear Lily:).
This is beautiful. Stop being so awesome. Something told me today that there was something on Lily's blog that was so super awesome I just had to read it. I now know this is it... and God was speaking through you to speak to me. You know what I mean? Thanks for always keeping me smiling and inspiring on not-so-good days;).
xxo,
Jazzie
thank you for sharing your heart Lily! what a great reminder, to all the girls out there :) Its amazing to think that God has a guy picked exactly for me and he will love me for me!
I love that song by MercyMe :)
hope you are having a wonderful weekend dear friend!
with love ♥,
Samarah
1. You're beautiful Lily. Inside and out, but certainly out. :) I feel I need to say that 'cuz it gets annoying. You're like "okay so I'm pretty inside, but no one will know that if they don't approach me cuz I'm UGLY outside!" But you're very beautiful outside.
2. I love that song. :)
3. Great post!
:D
xx,
Bleah
Love, love love this post! Thank you, Lily, for writing this...it's such a great reminder. :)) God bless you. <3
Love this...it's something that I needed to hear today. :) Thanks, Lily!
Blessings,
M
Lily dear, you're one of the most beautiful people i know. inside AND out. but i must admit, i struggle with feeling beautiful, too. but, hey, i'm working on it :) and i'm made in God's image, so i must be beautiful, 'cause i sure know He is :)
hm, i haven't heard that song. i must look it up!
*hugs*
anna :)
by the wayyyyyyy...you need to email me! :) mkay. that's all. bye!
This is an amazing post. This is soemthing a lot of people could hear right now and I think that is wonderful for you to share how you felt with everybody. Im glad you realized that you need someone who will love you for you. :)
<3Chelsea Elizabeth
I just found your blog and started reading this post. Your words drew me in so much! I really can relate to how you are feeling as I have felt that way many times myself and just recently went through a tough situation with a guy. Thank you for sharing this (I know it must have been somewhat difficult) as it is a good, encouraging reminder to me that others go through the same things that I do as well.
~Elizabeth~
I LOVE this. I NEEDED this!!!!! Thank you for posting this. Wow. You are a blessing to me and so many of us! Love you so much!
That was a very mature writing for a 15 yrold. If I was half as smart as you when I was 15, I wouldn't have had my heart shattered. {long story}
Keep waiting Lily, it is hard, but just focus on Jesus, because He loves you just the way you are!
Love and Hugs! ~Kelsey
Hi there,
Thanks for writing this. It means a lot to me, to know that I'm not the only person, besides my sister, who doesn't date. It's really tough sometimes. Not knowing if a Prince will come that will love us just for who we are(and who we aren't). But right now I try not to worry, I have Jesus and he's the best Prince I've found yet.
Post a Comment