Now, despite being one of the most romantic-minded people you'll meet, she had never been in love. She'd had a few crushes, some very dear to her, but she'd never gotten past that stage. She had friends who were in love and she would listen to them explain how wonderful it was....but she herself had never felt that in-love-feeling.
Until, one summer, she met a guy. They had a few mutual friends, and shared a similar passion. The first time the girl saw this guy, she fell.....hard. The second time they met, she fell even harder. And before she knew it, she was in love.
Though she was only fifteen years old, this girl knew that what she felt was more than a crush. Even though she had only met him a handful of times and barely knew him, she was head-over-heels for the way he smiled at her and how his laugh sounded when she said something funny.
But after the initial lovesickness wore off, she began to wonder some things: is this love real? is this guy the man I'm meant to marry? am I just wasting my time/feelings?
And so the wondering continued until fall came and her regular schedule started up again. She began to spend more time with a boy she'd know for years; a boy she had always kind of liked; a boy she hadn't seen for a few months. This boy entered her mind, making her doubt her feelings about the other guy even more.
Couple that with the fact that one of her classes was going over 'lasting love' and what it means to love someone, warts and all.....and she was utterly confused as to how strong this 'love' she felt for the first guy was. After all, she'd fallen in love pretty much at first sight. And while that is rather romantic, you don't tend to see a person's warts until you've known them for a while. Which, she thought to herself, described her relationship with the second guy. She'd known him for quite a while, knew how great he was, yet realized that he wasn't perfect either.
"So much for love," she thought to herself one night. All the thoughts and questions swirling around in her mind were making her practically insane. So, being the girl she is, she got up at midnight and wrote a post about her first encounter with that crazy thing called love.


12 comments:
Sounds almost like my life as of now :) Good luck!
Oh goodness. I getcha girl, more than you could possibly know! Maybe someday we'll have love all figured out...I kinda doubt it though :P Oh well!
With lots of non-confusing love,
Lauren ;)
Love that Jane Austen quote by the way :)
♥So much for love.
♥puppy love.
♥infatuation.
i love this post :)
This was so beautiful!! You've totally described me. I'm going to do a post about love soon. It's time to get out in the open.
-Jocee <3
this is awesome.
this is great girl! :)
*sam
i love how i got a rather behind-the-scenes version of this post, and in letter-form at that :) hold on, lily dear. your guy's coming... preferably in a wonderful old pick up truck ;)
<3anna :)
haha, you got that right, Anna :) annnnnd yes, pick up trucks are sweet. ;)
great post!(:
Hey!
I just found your blog, and I LOVE it!
I am so following you :)
Check out my blog: "It's a Love Story"
{Rebekah Brielle}
Lovely post, I'm mentioned you in my blog.
Check it out! :)
Heya I just found your blog and it is so prettyful!!! I'm gonna follow you :) Feel free to check out my blog {Amazing Love}
Post a Comment