Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Pages

April 20, 2010

Humph

My mom and brother love to laugh.
Sometimes, though, their laughter is directed at me.

We're all sitting in the living room. The boys are working on math and I'm writing for my poetry project.

I look up.

Me: Hey, what do you guys think of this triplet?

Mom and the boys look up.

Me: Lady Liberty stands, A symbol of freedom, to all the lands.

I pause.

Mom: Keep going!

Me: She waits at New York's shore, Beckoning with her beacon-

I'm stopped by a flood of laughter from Mom and Aiden.

Me: What? What's so funny?

Mom: YOU CAN'T BECKON WITH YOUR BEACON HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Me: Huh?

That was the end of conversation. Mom and Aiden were too busy cracking up and making fun of my poor triplet.

So now you all see what I live with. Sad, right?

No comments: